Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Happy August

This morning I attempted my first real run post Spencer. I think it was a success. I'm lightly following the program in the back of my Running and Pregnancy book. I walked for 10 minutes, ran for four, walked for two... until I reached 26 minutes total. My treadmill seemed fine as long as I was running but when I walked it made a scary scraping sound. I looked underneath etc, but never could find the source of the noise. I'll have Matt look at it later. After running, I did some squats and lunges. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to run for 30 minutes straight. Once I can do that, my slow but sure marathon training starts.

Green Mountain here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your training. I wish I had the determination to get back into running. I have barely run since having my son 5 years ago. Now with him and a 2 1/2 yr old, and working full time I am happy to have time to sit on the couch and enjoy a whoopie pie.
I really have been having the urge to get out and run lately though.
Congrats to you for doing so!!
Rose

Unknown said...

You are my inspiration, Courtney!

kim dance said...

You go girl! I don't know if I'll ever be up for another marathon...a half maybe! After this baby I really hope I'm that motivated. I guess it just takes signing up for a race and then the pressure is on!

Related Posts with Thumbnails