
Lucy is having a lot of fun learning how to read. She does one lesson a day and is up to lesson # 19. The other day she read the first three pages to Fox in Socks. I think the funniest part is that she tries to write but can't spell. So she will "write a story" for us to read.


Spencer only woke up once last night! I'm so happy. Still sleep deprived, but at least I didn't add to the deprivation again last night.
My treadmill is acting up. It makes some very fishy creaking sounds when I walk on it, but not when I run. Also, I can only run for 30 minutes before it starts making me do something crazy, like 6% incline at 12 mph. It's a good thing it's still under warranty. Someone will be coming out this week or next to fix it. In the mean time, I guess my workouts will only by 30 minutes.








3 comments:
I get so thrilled to see how you girls are teaching your little ones to read. I wish I had done that. I know I remember the first books I read in school, "Dick and Jane and Spot the dog". My mother had the Bobbsey twins and Ducky Lucky. But I grew up thinking that was left to the "professionals".
I know that I hated reading the little children's books out loud to you children and never even thought of reading chapter books that I might have enjoyed to you. But at least the seeing me with my nose in a book all the time rubbed off on my girls. And even if I didn't read to you, you managed to acquire a love of reading. In this day and age of so many ways of exchanging ideas and suggestions, you all have found such marvelous ways of educating your children. I wish I could do it all over again. I think I was born maybe 25 years too early. I would love to be starting out right about now. There is so much to do and so much to do it with.
I bought that book a month ago because I want to teach Sam to read and heard it's the best book. Thanks for motivating me to take the cellophane off it!!! I'll get on it. Glad it's working.
I'm down to 30 min. workouts (sometimes more) but I don't have a broken treadmill to blame.
Hey Courtney, I just discovered a blog that I think you'll like.
http://awaistisaterriblething.blogspot.com.
I hope your treadmill is fixed soon!
Post a Comment