The sun has returned!! Monday morning, I awoke bright and early with my Emma at 6 am. Instead of pretending to be asleep so Matt would get up with the kids, I got up and fed them all breakfast. Then I piled everyone into the car (jammies and all) to run to the dump and deposit a check at our bank.
After the garbage was successfully disposed of (not a chore I enjoy doing) I pulled up to the drive through at the bank only to realize that I was at the wrong one (yes we have about 5 bank accounts we use regularly).
So we drove back home, I woke Matt up (as it was about 9 now) and we went to Ellsworth to depot the check into the right account.
After that, we went to the SeaCoast Fun Park. We bought season tickets on a whim this year and are really glad we did it! They have miniature golf, go carts, a big trampoline, a pool and waterslides. We parked ourselves by the pool until the slides opened. Matt and I took turns going down the water slides (the kids are too little). We were there for about an hour and a half (long enough to bake my face and back) when we dried off and went on the go carts.
Yesterday I spent the morning going through clothes that my kids have grown out of. We recently decided to pitch them all (except special ones). I emptied 9 plastic bins of various sized into trash bags and gave 4 of them (girl clothes) to a friend. I've just outfitted her baby for the next 6 years. It was pretty stupid to keep them all, since I always buy more anyway whenever I'm pregnant, what is the point?
Then I drove to Bucksport to go to the dentist. I wouldn't normally say so, but I have a SERIOUS crush on my dentist (so I guess it's lucky I'm married to him). He pulled Lucy's loose tooth and I was supposed to have some inlays seated, but one didn't work. So I'm going to have to go back in a few weeks. I was his last patient of the day, so we drove over to Fort Knox and the observatory. It was pretty neat. The girls kept calling it a castle It's amazing what they were able to build so long ago without power tools.
Today Lucy had a friend and her little brother over to play. It was so nice. She is Lucy's age and he is almost 3. It was the first time in weeks I haven't been pulling my hair out with Spencer. What a nice break!
Well, I didn't work out yesterday, so I'm off to go sweat like crazy before dinner.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
"Instead of pretending to be asleep so Matt would get up with the kids,"
LOL I thought I was the only one who did this:)
"It was pretty stupid to keep them all, since I always buy more anyway whenever I'm pregnant, what is the point?"
I do the same thing. Except now that we know we are done (after 6), I can't justify storing any of the stuff my last baby out grows. Now I just need to weed through the 134 plastic boxes and get rid of the meaningless stuff.
I find it so much easier to go and buy new clothes, rather than dig and dig and dig through those boxes. (naughty, naughty). Thanks for keeping it real!
PS....you're in my reader, love the blog.
What a fun day!!
5 bank accounts?
Post a Comment