Thursday, June 28, 2007

Yuck

This morning, as I was getting Emma dressed, I noticed what looked like a tiny raised mole on her armpit. Upon closer examination (not easy with a ticklish girl) I discovered that it was, in fact, a tick. I got out my trusty tweezers and plucked it off before it got big and gross. Lucy wasn't pleased with the the head to toe examination I gave her after I checked the rest of Emma. Now she cries about seeing ticks in her sleep and every time she sees a piece of dirt.

We think that Katie has decided to bring little critters into our home. I guess it's tick season. Now I get to order flea and tick medication for her. How fun is that. I have a feeling that Katie will be banished until her medicine comes in and until I can get the house scrubbed (or have my mom do it.)

Apparently life outside of the city does have it's drawbacks.

3 comments:

Megan B said...

Ew. Gross.

Unknown said...

I've seen a lot more ticks this season than any other. Not fun!

Anonymous said...

I went to the vet today to buy tape worm medicine and flea medicine for my kittens (well, they will be one in August). Tape worms are nasty, too. Yuck.

Related Posts with Thumbnails