Monday, June 2, 2008

Emma's Prayer

Emma is in that oh so cute stage of learning how to say her own prayers instead of the memorized prayer. When she first started this, she would look around and thank Heavenly Father for everything she saw. It was very sweet. Now she tends to ramble on about anything in her three year old brain.

This morning for example...

"Dear Heavenly Fader, Dank you for dis day, dank you for da food and my family. It's cold outside but I want to play in the sprinkler, I like playing with polly pockets, my toe hurts, I have a purple nightgown..."

You get the picture. About this time, I'll open one eye to find Matt has done the same and is giving me a questioning look (it's hard to do with only one eye) and Lucy is balled up on the floor rolling with silent giggles.

Then Matt or I will usually prompt her with an "and I say these things..." and she will finish up. She gives long and rambling prayers a new name :)

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Keep writing them down; she'll love them later! How cute!

MAB said...

I love it! Sam is starting to want to say prayers too, but of course we can't understand any of it until Amen. Afterwards, Mia always informs us that she was eating during his prayer because "they aren't really prayers." This starts a big fight between her and Sam- it's a great way to start a meal. :)

Michelle said...

Wow! I didn't know all that was going on. We didn't even get a chance to come visit you. I really wanted to come and see you guys and the area you lived in. But I hope every thing works out for you and that your house will sell in a decent amount of time. It is stressful, isn't it?

Kim said...

I don't have your email, but check out this blog post from a blog I subscribe to in Google Reader: http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/06/blogtique-challenge-summer-2008.html This gal is promoting blogger's products, and I thought you might want to send her a link to your Munchkie slings. :)

p.s. Nice to have you Google Reader-able again. :) Good luck selling the house and getting everything ready.

Related Posts with Thumbnails