Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lucy Reading

I am so proud of my little girl. She is catching on really quick. We are on lesson 44 of "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons". Yesterday Matt sat her down with The Book of Mormon and she read 1 Nephi 1:3 almost all by herself. Matt gave her a little instruction on letter combinations that she didn't know yet (ie kn and g sounding like j). She sounded out big words like knowledge, record and according. We are so excited for her.

6 comments:

Heather B said...

Way to go!

Tara said...

That's so awesome! I love it when the little ones learn to read... it's so exciting to listen to them sounding out their words and to see the excitement in their eyes and hear it in their voices! Congrats to Lucy!

By the way, Lucy has a nice new look with the bangs! Does that seem to help with the head tipping? Gabi will be so excited to see the new do and hear her reading!

Heather B said...

I just saw the video! Awesome! Way to go, Lucy! Your cousin Annabelle JUST finished the same reading system last Thursday! She's so excited just like you are! Keep it up, and great job!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Dear Lucy,

What a great job you did reading that book! We watched the video and I thought you were really great.

Love, Kinley

Ruby said...

How fun is that?!

Mom said...

What a great thing. How exciting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails